From September 2013, Redcar & Cleveland Council is offering some 2 year olds a free childcare place for up to 15 hours a week.
Is your child eligible?
Your child can have a free 2 year old childcare place from the term after their 2nd birthday until the start of the term after their 3rd birthday.
You must be receiving one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Employment and Support Allowance –income related
- Income based Jobseekers Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income below £16,190
To apply for a place please:
- Fill in a form available from St Peter’s Ark or from Family Information Services.
- Call the FIS on free-phone 0800 073 8800 and they will complete the application over the telephone with you and check if you are eligible and carry out the childcare search.
- Complete an on-line application form available on the Free Childcare for 2 year Olds information pages at: www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/childcare
If you are eligible, the FIS will be in touch and will send you details of those providers who have a free two year old childcare place available to meet your needs. You will also receive a confirmation letter that you must take with you to your chosen childcare provider to register your child. This must be done before your child starts.
Please call into St Peter’s Ark to look at the facilities available and meet the staff who will be willing to guide you through the process of applying for a place for your child, if you feel they are eligible.