PSHE Relationships and Health Education at St. Peter’s
The aims of relationships and sex education (RSE) at our school are to:
- Provide a framework in which sensitive discussions can take place
- Prepare pupils for puberty, and give them an understanding of sexual development and the importance of health and hygiene
- Help pupils develop feelings of self-respect, confidence and empathy
- Create a positive culture around issues of sexuality and relationships
- Teach pupils the correct vocabulary to describe themselves and their bodies.
This subject provides a huge opportunity to help our children flourish. The knowledge gained will support their own, and others, wellbeing and attainment. It aims to help young people to become successful and happy adults, who make a meaningful contribution to society.
Please see our Curriculum Intent page for Subject Overviews.
Transition After the School Closure
Museum of Kindness
Anti-Bullying Week 2018
Archbishop of York Youth Trust Programme for Key Stage 1
Diabetes UK Award
Growth Mindset Whole School Assembly
Helping Hands Assembly linked to Unicef’s Rights for a Child
Just Like You But Different
Relationship and Sex Education Policy September 2020
Show Racism the Red Card
St John Ambulance First Aid Session with Year 6